View Single Post
      06-07-2017, 11:13 AM   #6
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Hey everybody, quite the surprise this weekend! Anyway after nearly six years of Z4M ownership with two different cars, I finally had a bit of a gremlin this weekend. It started with coming out of a grocery story, turn the ignition and the car barely turned over and nothing. All lights on the dash were on, full power, etc. Turned the ignition switch again, and absolutely nothing (not even clicks). Nothing turned over, it was like I was trying to start a dead car with no power.

Tried four times, nothing. Fifth try, it took a bit but the starter finally got going and I was able to drive the car home no problem. Zero issues after that.

Let the car sit a day, go out to start it today and same thing. It took four tries to get it to turn over, and when it did, the first time it started but had the Service Engine Soon and EML lights on (both yellow), and was doing that flutter between 800-1500rpms. If I gave it any gas, it wouldn't accept it. So I turned it off, and restarted it again. This time, it roared to life immediately but the Service Engine Soon (yellow) light came on again and stayed on.

I figured my luck was running out and this thing was going to get to the point where it wouldn't start at all, so I left it on and drove it a couple miles to my local Indy shop. Great place, but he won't be able to see it for a few days.

So you pros out there, any experience with something like this? Starter going perhaps? Thanks!
I had those exact symptoms before my alternator finally went out . This car is very sensitive to voltage as others have said . Need to look at output from the alternator vs battery being depleted .
G
Appreciate 2
NickyC17499.00
Redacre369.00