View Single Post
      08-21-2021, 01:52 PM   #8
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coi View Post
Gets you most of the way there in terms of stiffness without the excessive noise and vibration that polyurethane mounts transmit. Rubber also handles heat better and won't ever make noise.
In this case it's not the type of rubber that makes the noise or gives the vibration.
It's purely the stiffness.
I also wonder if normal rubber handles heat better than PU. Both materials don't react too good to heat. Also not all rubber is made equal.
There has been a case of VT mounts here probably fail due to heat. And those arent PU.

That person later switched to bimmerworld mounts, but reportedly those are considerably stiffer than VT ones and give more NVH feedback.

Nice thing about those powerflex ones is that you can regulate the stiffness. So I think they have the highest level of engineering.
No hands on experience though.
That'll problably come when my VT ones need replacing. But so far they still hold without a problem.
Too bad those powerflex ones are so expensive.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 08-21-2021 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 2
Coi292.00