01-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #31
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
kudos to dubbedown, some tremendously useful info in this thread for 3.0si owners. the euro headers are already catless and are oem quality, so i wouldn't bother swapping them out. if u're concerned about emissions, then race cats in section 1 and a revised section 2 are really the only other alternatives. mufflers add hardly any power and are just means to vastly changing exhaust sound, whether for better or worse. tune is really the only way to go for noticeable and appreciable gains in addition to swapping ur final drive.
Thanks man, I guess this is the amount of knowledge you acquire when you're the guinea pig and have gone through many trial and error exercise.

OP - I know you said money is not a huge constraint here, but even as a fellow Si owner, I hate to say it but it's pretty much the same conclusion others have drawn when going down this path. For the amount you're willing to spend on a filter, exhaust, headers - you're looking at around $3000 before labor. This doesn't even include some of the other cosmetic things you were considering (dual exhaust conversion which means new bumper, paint, etc.). For all this, say $4000 total you could get the same performance and looks buying a M coupe.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my Si coupe and have spent a good amount of money modifying it, but I spent money on mods that I believe offered "better value" in my opinion. But like other Si owners, we were content with the overall performance the card has to offer in stock form. But if 300hp or whatever is a hard target, you'd seriously get that plus more just purchasing a m coupe / roadster, which essentially could be had for given the cost of your car + the money you're willing to spend on mods. Not to mention that car will also include better suspension, brakes, limited-slip, etc.

Either way, hope you get what you're looking for... I just thought I'd throw this out there b/c last thing I want to see is someone spend a lot of money and not be happy with their return on investment.

Last edited by 3002 tii; 01-14-2011 at 10:57 PM..
Appreciate 0