View Single Post
      04-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #76
santov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si White over Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
This is turning into some darn good collaborating! Santov, I'm guessing your wife is okay with you producing a few of these babies? If so, then there are some possibilities if you want to enter the handmade world of work/craft on the side for us.
She's cool with it. She was giving me crap for playing with her Bday present more then she has. This is seriously addictive and expensive. I also hemmed some pants and fixed some stitching on a shirt. My grandmother was a seamstress so I guess it's in my blood. I do contract work and my deadbeat boss doesn't have anything scheduled for the next few weeks. This month is gonna be tight.

Quote:
Zpost logo on either upper chest or lower shirt and give buyers the option. (Some, including my wife, aren't fans of the boob logo location.)
This is easy. Just have your wife put any shirt on and give me a distance in inches from the seam on top of her shoulder to where she wants to the logo to be, then distance from center of shirt to determine lateral placment. Now I'll have the coordinates of where to CENTER the logo. I can come PRETTY close, but there will be some play. The stitching should be just below her collar bone, but above the top of the breast area. I hate when logos ride on top of boobs since I always stare and squint to read the small text.

Quote:
I'm not sure about the back of the shoulder for the coupe design. While it would need to be smaller, the sleeve has more appeal for me. I guess I'm a fan of the clean back of the shirt look, especially on a polo.
Sleeve is no problem. If I scale the profile any smaller though it will diminish in detail. I guess I could thicken up the lines. General location is more important.

Quote:
DSC off on sleeve an option, alternatively a smaller "Zpost" logo on arm. This gives us three sleeve options--Zpost, silhouette, and DSC off.
Is it DSC or DTC? My car button says DTC (Dynamic Traction Control), but I think this symbol is for DSC. I like so much I'm going to make it bigger and make the ZPOST Smaller and place underneath. A few renderings to follow.

Quote:
Instead of sourcing shirts, you could provide the embroidery as a service for a price for materials/labor with the buyer supplying the shirt. While this adds some additional shipping charges for the buyer, it would ensure that the fit/style works for everyone. (Downside to this is uniformity and the potential for an "ooops" with a shirt, but fitment is assured.)
I agree with this BUT... if a thread breaks or machine jams I can start over: waste a bunch of expensive thread and backing and start again. But if the needle breaks and tears the material, or a serious jam makes a big hole in the shirt I don't want to eat the cost of somebody else's shirt.

Even if everything goes right a different material might pucker, and I don't want to send out something that looks crappy. Less variables the better. I rather come to a consensus on a medium cost/ high quality source. I might go to GAP tomorrow and get 5 shirts then people can take em or leave em.
Quote:
What about hats? Zpost on the front, silhouette on the back? (Did someone already mention this?) Santov, can the machine do hats? I have a BMW hat and a ///M hat, but I'm not feeling that as much as a Zpost hat!
Hats are on hold now. With the current equipment I can get close to the brim, but it doesn't look snug. I need another hoop.

I'm about to post a few more renderings for everybody to see...
Appreciate 0