03-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
DR Z4
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Roadster

M Badge Placement

Hi all:

I have a big favor to ask. I am receiving my M roadster next week, and two of the badges had been stolen from the car while it sat on the lot. This is the explanation that the dealer has given me. I worked in car dealerships to pay for university, and I got pretty good at spotting a repaint, so if this turns out to be related to a respray that the dealer is trying to cover up, the dealer and I are going to have some words.

My salesguy was pretty straight-up with me throughout the process so
I tend to trust him (yes I bought this car sight unseen, something I NEVER thought I would do, but it's got very low miles, and is a Certified Series car, still under original factory warranty too).

Anyway, I asked them to put the new emblems in the glove box rather than having one of the clean-up crew attach them, just in case they were put on it the wrong spot, which they were on the first attempt at replacement.

I know this is asking a lot, but can someone whose emblems are in the original factory location take a measurement for me, to see exactly where they should be attached, relative to the roundel on the side, and the keyhole on the trunk?

I would greatly appreciate it
Appreciate 0