07-09-2017, 08:14 PM   #99
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmarYasirA View Post
Finnegan It sucks because I love driving, and I love this car so much and I swear anytime I think, "oh finally, I have some downtime to work on this thing and drive it", BAM, heres something else I need to do. Its frustrating because Ive been obsessed with cars ever since I was out of the womb and now that Im old enough/have the resources, theres absolutely no time to enjoy it. -lil OT rant, but it needed to get out there.

Anyways, now that I have 20 minutes to spare in my life, anyone got any experience with those batteries? Ive done a little research on both and I needa get this car up and running soon, so Ill probably order it later tomorrow. Just wanted to make a last call.
O'Reilly 48PLT is AGM. It's what I'm using. Seems fine, car is a weekend toy these days, so it's on a charger most off the time.

So off on the philosophical and rant stuff, I used to wonder why folks didn't DIY everything. I mean, if you can do it, why not do it? But after being faced with the dilemma of "I can spend 8 hours working on the car, then have no time to drive it, or have someone else do some work so I can use the time to drive the thing", I settled on the good indy shop approach for multi-hour work. Gotta say I hate it (good indy too) but I also hate not having time to drive/unwind too. But man it pains me. Just less than not driving!

The dilemma is you can add more money, or cut spending and do any number of things on the money front. But time is finite and fixed. No matter how much money you have there are only 24 hours in a day. I've added a concept of time debt to my thinking. That means setting up a time budget and removing few things (things themselves or DIYs) to reduce time debt. It's still a work in progress.

Hope the battery thing works out!
Appreciate 0