View Single Post
      02-01-2015, 10:38 AM   #12
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
What I do is using some compressed air (which has much more force than a vac).
So from within the wheelarch remove the small panel, remove the rubber grommet, and blow some air through the canals.

I think you can even get in there from underneath (so without removing the wheel and panel)
That panel is officially there to disconnect the brake pad wear sensor/abs sensor
The down side of this approach is that you're just displacing the clogging debris back up into the water collection funnel. Unless you're then going in from the top and vacuuming out the funnels, the next time it rains the same debris gets deposited back into the drains. The reason for using the vac method is to try to actually remove the debris so that new debris has to work its way in there and collect in the drain tubes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinghai View Post
I removed the drain plug on the driver's side and it was clean, no sign of any debris, small or large. But I had a tough time to put the plug back in (I did not remove the panel in the wheel well or had the car raised up.) I'm planning to ask the service technician pull the drain plugs and do some inspection + cleaning each time he has the car on the rack for an oil change. The owner of the small service/repair shop that I frequently use would have no problem with that.
The debris gets caked in the drain tubes just above the rubber drain valves. Did you run some wire or weed whacker line up into the tube to ensure it's clear?