07-05-2015, 04:05 AM   #10
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
The truth of the matter is that no top free agent wants to play in NY. Why? Melo is the main reason. The Knicks shouldn't have signed Melo last season. They should have let him walk or do a sign/trade to get some draft pics back. Remember, Knicks don't have a 2016 1st round pick so even if they tank again this season that pick goes to Denver. Chandler in his last season with the Knicks gave up IMHO and always appeared to have an 'illness' so I had no problem with them trading him and Felton.

Also everyone talks about the 2016 FA class regarding Durant but IMHO I think he is on the decline. I wouldn't be surprised if next year at this time the Knicks trade Melo which would benefit both the Knicks and the other team that takes on his contract. Think about it for a second. Next season the salary cap explodes. A team can trade for Melo and take on only 3 years left on his deal vs paying some above avg player commanding more money overall than whats owed on Melo's deal. Knicks just need to rebuild. Porzingis and Grant may be the building blocks, maybe not. But they need to think about trading Melo as he doesn't make players around him better. He is just a pure scorer and that's it.
Durant on the decline? I mean foot injuries are tough, especially for tall guys...but I gotta disagree there. I don't think we've even seen him in his prime yet.

Agreed on Melo, he does nothing to further the future of the Knicks...that is unless they somehow magically get a few high caliber players to join in the next couple of seasons.