02-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwesso View Post
I know those even in non-run flat form leave a lot to be desired in terms of traction, but they're probably quiet and will last a while. Good deal though, at that price you can afford to roast through them..
I will somewhat agree with you on this. But let me clear up the message a bit.

Michelin makes two fleets of tires now....the Pilot and the Primacy.

The Primacy MXM4 was designed as a touring tire rather than hardcore performance rubber, Michelin is now making that differentiation clearer by filing touring tires under the Primacy sub-brand and performance tires under the Pilot sub-brand. The Pilot MXM4 will be slowly phased out over the next several years so customers loyal to the model will have time to adjust.

I specifically bought the Primacy ones due to being touring...not performance. I don't track my car...or drive it hard. But based on every review I have read, people I spoke with who own these (both in RFT and non_RFT) they all love them.

Then one advantage I wanted and these tires have, is the fact they are quite....having a roadster...I did not want noisy tires, and these are known to be very quite. I will sacrifice a bit of traction that the Pilot series gives, over noise levels.

Either way...I know I got a great deal and will love them.

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0