View Single Post
      05-14-2016, 09:43 PM   #1
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Dubai Autodrome Track Evening

So the BMW Club UAE organised a club meet at the Dubai Autodrome, Club circuit, 2.46 kms long. not super fast, but very technical.

About 40 Bimmers turned out.

Ill go into more stuff later, but JUST HAD AN AWESOME EVENING!!!

My first track day/evening with DSC off, and on my second lap/ 2nd session trying to get a few lengths closer and on the throttle just a little too eager and spun on turn 6. Thought i could have caught it after the car went round once, but i guess my hands weren't fast enough and i went for another 180 degrees, pointing back at the guys following me. The 2 guys behind me, manoeuvred around me and kept on going. I then gave chase. Lol.. man, such a good night, learned so much about throttle control and just so in love the the connection to the road from the whole car. Its just setup so nice. Modulating the throttle in 3rd around turn 1 all the way round to 4, and the whole way along feeling that line where more throttle is going to put you into the cones, pretty much 4 wheel drifting around the whole succession of corners from turn 1 all the way to that 90 degree corner at turn 3..

Just so stoked right now...

Pics and vids to follow, had Harrie's Lap timer setup, as well as an old iPhone 4 taking vids.