12-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
jon1275
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 M coupe ILB

safe mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
You are experiencing the ECU going into a safe mode which can happen for multiple reasons . It is not fuel starvation , especially if you are NA with a full tank . The most common reason in both a NA and FI car is temp related , both water and oil temps can cause it . In FI cars we also have a problem with the ECU seeing boost in the vacuum system . What are your oil and water temps on track ? I'd figure that out first .
George
This is good info. I didn't know there was a safe mode. Doesn't feel safe stalling at over 100 mph though! I don't have separate oil pressure/temp gauges but running temp doesn't push past the center (250-260 I think). Yes, am running full tank with NA setup. Having some extra gauges is on my car wish list though. Since was happening under high G load I was wondering if the motor was experiencing a low oil pressure? I have a call into ESS to see what they think. -jon
2007 e90 335i dinan S2 (sold)
Appreciate 0