View Single Post
      10-24-2014, 01:13 AM   #1
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Exclamation Any Interest in a Catted or Resonated Section 1 Alternative to DKF & Euro Section 1?

All,

After installing the Custom Performance Innovations headers and loving their product (see here -> http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1048834), I noticed they offer this piece for the E46 M3:

Quote:
BMW E46 M3 Section 1 w/Magnaflow 400 Cell OBDII Compliant Cats

The CPI Euro section 1 with crossover pipe and California OBDII compliant Magnaflow 400 cell catalytic converters was designed for BMW E46 M3s with after market headers.

Seeing as I'm looking for a similar Section 1 to help with smog when the time comes (also to turn the SES light off) I've been in contact with CPI and they say they may be able to create this product for the Z4M as well. They've also got the option to replace the Cats with resonators or empty piping (similar to the DKF, though CPI is permanent). One thing I notice the CPI offers is a crossover pipe - none of the other parts on the market have this feature but the E46 M3 guys sure seem to love the CPI pipes.

My main point of this thread - is anyone interested? If so I'm thinking maybe we can put together a nice little GB for the product and possibly have it remain as a permanent option for the Z4M aftermarket.

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0