View Single Post
      08-10-2021, 10:52 AM   #2
FigureItOut
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i

Almost forgot to follow up on this.

It seems like silly modification but if you're a perfectionist I would definitely check it out. The factory pedals are fine but a bit sloppy. Swapping out the bushings made a considerable difference in the "feel" of the controls. The brake pedal is now very crisp and linear with little lateral travel. The clutch is improved, but if I were to do it again I would put the brass bushings in both and skip the delrin option.

The labor is by far the worst part of this upgrade so go into it prepared to wrestle with fiddly components in a hard to reach space. I pulled the driver seat to do this and still had a heck of a time. It probably would have been easier to pull the entire pedal assembly but I pulled the pedal arms instead.

The clutch stop is a must have IMO. The travel on the clutch relative to the engagement point is monstrous. It took some fiddling to get it set to the correct depth but it's a one time hassle.

The pedal covers are a bit of a goof but they look decent and give the car a different look. Feel and traction are surprisingly good and overall I'm quite happy with them.

I realize this is a bunch of ebay special crap, but honestly I'm quite pleased overall with how this turned out. It won't completely change the handling of your Z4 or revolutionize the driving experience, but it does give me a bit of a grin every time I notice it. And guests/passengers who are into cars often compliment me on the setup.

I would not tear my car apart just to do this, but If you've already got your car torn apart (as i did) then you might as well go ahead and spend an afternoon on this as well. It's a small change but it does make the car feel that little bit more sporty and special.
Appreciate 2
wdb4732.00