View Single Post
      07-26-2014, 07:35 AM   #9
sipman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

OK, The sound has progressed, and the culprit still eludes me.
I put the car in the air yesterday and pushed, pulled, banged, etc and can't find the cause of this.
Basically, if I go over a rough (Philly roads rough) section with mainly the passenger wheel, the suspension sounds like it belongs on a taxi.
When I drive over smoother undulations, and bumps, no noise. This is with either wheel or with both.
But if I drive over one of those "speed bumps" that gets formed on the highway from expansion. You know, where it's like a line of asphalt about an inch or two tall that spans the entire width of the lane, and the two front tires kind of hop over them. Then the noise seems to be from both sides.
So basically, it seems that when either wheel's motion is well controlled and damped, then no noise of if the tire is following the road and never looses contact.
But if the suspension is forced to quickly extend and the stop suddenly, like driving over one of those 'speed bumps' or driving over one of the patches of road where the road is broken it makes noise.
Does that make sense?
I banged with a hammer on ever part, and the only noise i could make, besides the splash shield rattling, was maybe in the upper sway bar joint. But in twisting, it felt tight. Otherwise, I'm at a loss.
Also, I checked my engine mount bolts and they are all still tight.