SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedfor View Post
Snubbed? Considering the Z4 GT3 is supplanting the M3 in ALMS, I think BMW still think a lot of our car.
That's really more about marketing. In the old tradition of "Race on Sunday, sell on Monday" BMW won't be making or selling any more E90/E92 M3s so they have to get a car out in front of the public that the public can still buy. They've been successfully campaigning different versions of the Z4 GT in several different series in Europe so it's already an available and proven platform. I think that we'll see the Z4 GT in ALMS (or whatever they end up calling the new series for only 2 years. You can be sure that the next racing season after the F80 M3 is available that BMW will drop the Z4 GT in a heart beat and we'll see the M3 and then the M4 in ALMS again.

Of course, I'm thrilled to see the Z4 on a race track, even if it's the E89 variation, and ALMS at Long Beach is already on my calendar!

Appreciate 0