05-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #19
Gt4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 Estoril blue 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
Camber plates will not help you with rubbing on the perches. A camber plate moves the strut body along with the hub assembly at the same time. In other words if you dial in -1 degree of camber to the camber plate it will move the strut body -1 degree and also the wheel -1 degree. Shims are the exact opposite as they work by spacing the bottom of the strut out therefore moving the top of the tire closer to the strut. You wil need a spacer to run the stop the contact between the wheel and the perch. I am running a the 18x9.5 apex wheel in the front with a 255/35/18 front tire and a 5mm spacer.

I am currently in the process of fitting 275/35/18 hoo hoo R6 in the front and my main issue is contact with the strut but I have an idea that I think might solve that. I can't space the wheel out anymore some have to find room on the inside. Square 275slicks here I come!
Today on the alignment lift, I was able to get a bit more of negative camber with the kingpin. So when I will put the camber plates on the car, I will have to move the kingpin on the opposite way to make more room between the tires/wheels and perches.

Right now, the camber is -2.7 front and -2.0 rear. I put the toe at 0 front and rear just to minimize the wear on my street tires. I don't really like this setup so far but it's the best compromiseI could do to fit the tires under the fenders...

I might participate saturday evening into a Gentleman's race at Calabogie Motorsport Park. I hope the car will be OK on the track.

I also need to adjust the rebound / compression on my KW Clubsport. Anyone have a idea how should I start them as a baseline?

They have 18 clicks, I put the compression at -4 clicks front and rear from the stiffer. And the rebound is set at -6 clicks front and rear.
Appreciate 0