View Single Post
      11-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
mikl4
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 230i xDrive

Question Strange issues

Hello all,
Have some odd stuff going on that I would like some feedback on. I am just getting used to my 2007 Z4 3.0 si coupe –and two strange issues have arisen.
My GPS ( Garmin Nuvi 750) works only intermittently in my Z4C– it frequently loses or fails to capture and hold satellite signals. It’s attached to the windshield with suction cup - it works perfectly in my MINI Cooper S and Subaru.
BMW Business Radio/CD cut out for no apparent reason- appears to have gone into “mute” mode. After shutting off the car and restarting, it restored itself and appears to be working fine again.
I have searched and found other threads where the same problems have been reported by other owners. However, in all the reports I found - no definitive cause was identified or confirmed.
My car does not have BMW NAV but does have Bluetooth phone, handsfree and BMW Assist/Call feature (not subscribed). I suspect these two issues I encountered might be associated with these electronics and the TC unit. Does anyone have a definitive answer to the root causes of these two issues.
I am thinking about disconnecting the phone system permanently since I don’t want to use it anyway. If I disconnect the phone completely by pulling fuse #49 – will that cause any other issues/problems? Has anyone else done this?
Appreciate 0