View Single Post
      04-09-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
xkegto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: z4

flashy lug nuts and flashy factory wheels

So I'm about to put 18 inch factory five spokes (one piece like you see on Z4 non M coupes) on my 03 and on the ECS Tuning website all the available lug nuts have a dull finish. Anyone know a vendor that offers something cool like polished stainless?

The other thing is: am I to assume that let's say an 07 Z4M came from the factory with nice wheels and ugly dull lug nuts? I say so because that seems to be the only factory offering currently.

Also along these lines an ebay seller is polishing up factory 108 wheels (18 X 8, three piece, five skinny spokes); they look spectacular. However very pricey. He is saying he is having the highly visible fasteners around the rims (that make the 3 piece design possible) nickel plated at a cost of $400 (just only that part of the process) to prevent rust. This sounds like an excellent idea however that the shop he is using isn't doing any favors. I am certain that a few calls to even expensive chrome shops would yield a lower number (nickel plating is what they do prior to chroming).

He is also saying that after polishing the outer lip that the said lip cannot be clear powder coated but I've seen it done at Atlanta's Wheel Wizard (not cheap but pretty cool)

See ebay item number 181696620587. Or from ebay home page enter Z4 factory wheels and sort by "price highest first" ( item description BMW Factory 18 Staggered BBS Style 108 $2850)

My question is: has anyone taken on a similar project with these wheels, if so who did for you and may I see pics?

any opinions are welcome!
Appreciate 0