View Single Post
      06-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #39
jns_e85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 X3 2.5i, '06 z4M, '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwesso View Post
When you did the headers, I'm assuming the "modified section 1" was to install the bungs into the exhaust to install the o2 sensors behind the cats? Or was the tune able to eliminate the rear o2 sensors?

dumb question- did you have to have the car tuned on the dyno, or did you send the ECU to reflash (or something else?).

Does the CAI actually gain any HP?

I think as far as I'd want to take my car would be a tune and euro headers
Because my car will be subject to emissions, I obtained a modified section one with the o2 bungs and egt welded in the location they would be present on euro cats. Since Illinois only does a readiness test, I needed to keep all o2 sensors installed. The tune maximizes the gains from the headers and CAI. However for emissions purposes, I will reset to factory tune just to be safe.

Not goning to open the "do CAI add or detract power" can of worms. Personally, I have added CAI to my roadsters because of #1 glorious noise they produce and #2 have produced greater fuel efficiency in my experience. Not by much, but when I am getting between 0.5-1.0 additional mpg, I'll take it!

2017 M2 - Camber Hubs, MPE, and some other goodies
2006 Z4M - Epic Tune / Eventuri CAI / Euro Headers / Stromung / FA 500 / AS SSK / Arc 8s
2004 Z4 3.0i - Gone, but not forgotten!
Appreciate 0