View Single Post
      08-03-2015, 12:23 PM   #1
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Carbon wrapped my A-pillars etc.

Had a TON of free time this weekend for the first time on forever, so I put the time to some good use on my car. I wrapped the A-pillars and center piece in the same carbon wrap as the rest of the interior my car. I think it looks crazy from the outside, you can definitely see it now from the outside and when behind the car. It didn't come out *too* badly, there are a couple little bubbles and wrinkles here and there that I'm going to work on when time permits. I was able to hide most of the imperfections in not so noticeable places, so it's no biggie for now. If you're new to wrapping, I would highly suggest putting this job off until you've wrapped other easier pieces first. The center piece was a massive PITA, took me nearly four hours alone just to do that. I was able to get the weave going in the same direction as the cabin pieces, but unfortunately only able to match the A-pillar weave to the center piece on the driver's side. I wanted to match the weave from both pillars to the center piece, but had to make some sacrifices. Oh well, I guess Mr. Pagani will never hire me. ;D

Anyway, I hope you like it. Bonus pic included for what else I worked on this weekend, which will hopefully be installed this week!

Last edited by NickyC; 08-03-2015 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0