View Single Post
      11-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #51
Matt Romanowski
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFGJR View Post
Good that you bring this up, as I've been confused by the "segment" thing. I understand what you're saying about grouping a corner and straight, or two corners; but I'm confused about whether AiM lets you do that as well as separately identifying each corner.

When you push the track's start/finish gps coordinates to the Solo via GPS Manager, you can also set segments. I've done that for VIR, yet I can't seem to get the segment break-outs to show up in RaceStudio. My Split Report view uses the track map break-out (i.e., individual corner designations from the track map) rather than the segment splits that I set in GPS Manager.

It would be nice to have the segment info for the reasons you describe, but also have the more granular break down of individual corners. That is, see the corners on the speed-distance plot, but use the broader segments on the Split Report view. Can we do both??? If not, what's the purpose of the segment feature in GPS Manager? Perhaps that only drives the "live" time delta feature on the Solo...

Help!
I believe the segmenting feature in GPS Manager is for some of the other dashes, not the SOLO. You have to do the segments on the track map in RS2 to have them work in the segment analysis.

To modify the segments, when you go Map>New, use the sliders to get the shape you want. Then on the very bottom you'll see "modify parts." Click "remove all" and that will clear all of the previous segments. Then click where you want and select divide. Go to the next part you want to segment then click divide. Do this for the whole track. When you are done, click on the segments and select the car right tab under "modify parts" and it will change it from corner one to straight to corner 2 and so on. I don't pay attention to the label, only the segment colors so I can tell the difference.

Once you're done, put in a name (like mine of NHMS 6 segment) and then save it. Then, you can do the same process again but segment the track differently and call it a new name (i.e. NHMS 9 segment). When you want to use a different map with the file, just go to Map>Map Manager and select the one you want to use. This will allow you to make one map per track and put it to multiple sessions.

Hope this helps and makes some sense.
Appreciate 0