01-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
drbvac
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M COUPE

Garage List
Painting Calipers

Nothing to do till some silicone hoses come in and the car was up on Jack stands and I said what the hell. Of course - after trying to get the wheel studs off with my impact gun - got an average of 1 per wheel off. Read all the treads and sprayed them with silicone. Next morning - came off pretty easy with some more impacting and then a 3 foot bar on my socket.

Hard to believe - had to hit two of the wheels on the inside with a rubber mallet to get them off the hubs. I bet rear wheels never off the car - yeah I know its an 06 but it has all of 25000 miles on it.

When all else fails read the directions - cleaned the callipers as directed - put on the paint - waited a bit - started a second coat and the can says - apply several light coats - apply second coat within 5 minutes so the first one doesn't lift or let dry for 5 DAYS. I can't wait 5 minutes for anything so 2 or three quick ones and it will have to be good enough - not like they are headlight surrounds or anything.

While the wheels were off I cleaned the inside and out and waxed and it took longer to do the four than it takes to wax the car.

In any event = little bit of curb rash on one - fix it up and then put them back on - anyone spray anything on the hub and/or wheel so they don't stick?
Attached Images

2006 M COUPE - 380 total production, 1 of 40Imola Red produced for NA , ESS 455 Supercharger, Speedhut Gauges, VPM CLS wheels, 19" Hancooks, Stromung Exhaust, Carbon fibre accessories and black and white badging,
Appreciate 0