View Single Post
      10-31-2016, 12:50 PM   #6
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan13 View Post
There is a core charge of $500 from the supplier. While I'm not concerned about the $500, I'm worried that I may have contaminated the engine with metal beyond resuscitation.

Im having it cracked open to see just how bad it might be, check the various filters to see how much metal. It makes no sense to put 10-15 into a rebuild and have it fail out the gate due to some oil channel being clogged. Maybe a good builder plans for all that. I'll come back with a few pictures after they open it up.

Honestly, I would love to send it off to Lang, or someone, and build up a stroker and thus have a 2nd engine. I was never going to leave the platform as I still have the convertible with only 11k miles...but the C5 price/performance ratio is hard to beat. With all the spare stuff I have for the Z, it made sense to stick with it. With the 2 year warranty on the replacement engine, I feel a little better going this route than a 2004 C5 with unknown history.
I highly recommend Andrew Lang , he did an outstanding job for me on my motor build .
George
Appreciate 0