Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
can i see moar plz!!!!
OK but just a little, I don't want to be sued because you OD'ed on wine kandy

The rest of my parts came in this morning so I can finish putting her together this weekend. Took one of the mirror covers outside to get a look at it in full sun, the metal flake is on fire under that wine red candy. Sorry no pic.

Most of the hard stuff is done now. Got the seal for the convertable top back in it's groove without too much trouble, went back in a heck of a lot easier than it came out. Put the battery on the charger today on a 2 amp charge to get her back to full power. Drivers door is completely assembled and I finished wrapping interior door trim for the passenger door tonight.

Thought I'd lost the bolt to install the door glass until I remembered I dropped one inside the passenger door when I put that glass in yesterday and just grabbed the other one out of the box while I was holding the glass with one hand... Unfortunatly I forgot to dig it out of the bottom of the door before I put the insulation and door panel on... DOH!!!

Here's another fun house mirror pic for Y'all. I look like one of Santa's Elves LOL

The jamb decals came out pretty good. I like to replace decals when I can but if you have to mask one off, use a very high quality automotive masking tape and take you time cutting it with sharp hobby knife. One thing I will eventually do is cover the labels that are now below the level of the paint with a clear protection film to smooth that back out. Not really necessary but it's one of those small detailes that always bothers me. The original tire and loading information label was already badly torn up and is available from BMW so I did scrape that one off.

Appreciate 0