View Single Post
      09-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #133
Str8 RippiN
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 ZCP ///M3

so my car was out at willow at the eurotuner shootout and the oil temps were hitting 260 in two laps with the current Setrab Unit, i'm going to replace it with the wider 25 should produce the adequate cooling power needed to get it down to around the 210 range..
Also oil line connected to the cooler came off because they use push lock fitting with non push lock hoses, a simple $3 clamp would have made it so much more reliable. Car skid on the oil and went off track nothing happened but if there had been a wall or an obstacle it would've been game over. ESS also said they are looking into building a R type kit for track use specifically with larger cooling capacity and high octane fuel in mind. They also may change the belts to a 7 rib and speed up the water pump (which i thought you'd want to slow down) i'm going to be making a hybrid kit between the 525 and the R making it a 525R?? haha who knows. I just wish this kit was as plug and play as originally advertised

"The Zillenium Falcon" mod journal - http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=440670

Last edited by Str8 RippiN; 09-25-2013 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0