View Single Post
      02-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #6
JJZ4MR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Yeah, I just posted my 303 Fabric Guard post and finally figured how to add pics of the proper size/format. My water beading is better, but I was not blown away by the results after I got caught in the rain this week.
Yesterday I used the 303 AP over most of the interior of my car. I like the way it goes on, seems to penetrate the plastic and does not look shiney. It is supposed to repel fingerprints, dust and dirt. The Z4M has deep pebbly groves in the door panels. I was advised to just wipe it in with a microfiber, which I did. I basically gave everything 2-3 medium coats. I did not buff off ( YET ) This product loves to be buffed into the plastic. I also gave 2-3 heavy coats on all the weather seals where the top meets the car. Today, if it stops raining, I will wipe on a final light coat to all areas and (THEN) finish with a good buffing with a microfiber. Using this method, I achieved great results on my new cowl, which I installed after my new windshield was installed. I'm looking at breaking my glass, while removing wiper arm as a positive. ( free replacement with FL Ins law ) I got new OEM windshield trim included with glass. My old glass had several rock chips. Removing the old cowl and having a lot of time till the SECOND windshield was installed, gave me the time to super detail under the cowl. ( first glass piece was found to be defective during install ) This area had not seen the light of day since 2006. I took the water catches out, cleaned, 303 AP all parts, bought all new plastic rivets, 2 new wire harnesses that fit into the bottom of the cowl and new wiper arm nut covers from the Stealership for less than $ 20. Plus I paint sealed all the painted areas under the cowl as well as where old trim was. Having Safelight come right here to the house was key. As the installer was a "car guy " so we did a little dance from one side of the car to the other during the install as I wiped/cleaned/detailed parts that will never be able to be cleaned again with the glass/cowl installed. I also wiped in about 4 thick coats of 303 AP in the front of the dash that is up against the windshield, while it was out. I super cleaned the VIN display plate, which was very dusty. Had I opted to take it to the glass shop, non of this could have been possible, it was what I wanted when I chose to have the install done here.

Last edited by JJZ4MR; 02-20-2017 at 04:36 AM..
Appreciate 0