04-18-2017, 11:32 AM   #65
jdoublehcubed
Mechanical Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, Imola Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
Thanks for the response jdoublehcubed. I haven't done anything to my car but TWO things; I had a buddy of mine (that happens to have a Z4MR as well) code several things in my car using his laptop. Also, I swapped the ashtray in the Z4 for the AUX tray. Ever since these 2 updates, my car's been dying. If I pull the fuse, how long do I have to have it pulled out for? Overnight to determine if my car wakes up "dead"?
No problem.

I suppose its always possible to make a mistake while coding and get weird behavior, but I think its really unlikely that that would cause this issue. Aux ashtray also seems unlikely, you'd know right away if you plugged it in wrong because it wouldn't work at all.

Since it sounds like your car is dying in around 12 hours, I'd pull a fuse, wait 12 hours and then check. If its dead, charge it up and move on to the next fuse.

No AC could mean that its a subfuse panel, or maybe that a components that shares a fuse or control circuit with the AC is to blame, or maybe that its the climate control module. On my TT there was a subfuse panel under the hood that melted, and it took out my AC and radiator fan at the same time.
Appreciate 0