View Single Post
      03-17-2017, 07:00 AM   #20
MPLICIT
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4MC S65B40A Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Hey bud, have you done any think time in regards to how your gonna do the electrics? Thats gonna be your most difficult bit. The z4m dme is not nice to work with.
Great question you have! I actually have taken the time to already plan out the electronics and I'm confident this will be the easiest swap.

Here's the plan: I've got an E92 donor car with complete body harness and all electronic modules with options I want like Comfort Access and such. My plan is to basically pull out the entire Z4 electronic suite and harness leaving behind only lights, door locks, window switches, etc. I'll then be dropping in the E92 harness and modules and splicing connectors where I need them. This will result in a "drop in" electronics swap. I need the E9X M3 gauge cluster and some of the other electronics anyway so this is the easiest way.

You may now want to know how we're getting it all to fit... Well, I'll be fusing parts of the E9X dashboard with the Z4 dashboard. For instance, the gauge cluster tower part of the dash from the E9X will be cut off and fused in with the Z dash. Along with a few other areas, I'll then finish the dash in a leather or alcantara finish. I may remold the dash for a lighter version, we'll see. I may just know it's frankenstein underneath.

If you have any more questions I'll be sure to answer them. I want to make this as easy as possible for me so I'll be carefully documenting this process for anyone who wants to attempt or do something similar.
Appreciate 0