View Single Post
      12-30-2014, 01:07 PM   #29
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Well, I bit the bullet today after mucking around with the offset calculator mentioned in the wheels and rims thread... I have some good news and some.... Bad news. ��

A few teaser pics follow.. And a bit of a story.

And final checking

Then final suspension change with camber settings.

wheels, mostly because with my stock 224's the ride was bouncy enough after my suspension upgrade months ago. The H&R springs sure do make for a solid ride, no need to go and make it any worse getting 19 inch-ere.

so I went today and purchased the above wheels, 8J and 9J et35 respectively, and surprisingly enough they fit like a glove. Even after dialling in some nice camber in the front. (had to pull the pins) , and now i think it could even possibly use a 3mill spacer in the front. (previously i had a 10mill spacer in there)

the rear possibly could also use a 3mill spacer (zero atm) so very happy with the wheels and the fitment, i was in the shop for over 3 hours talking and adjusting the settings with 3 guys from the shop, they loved the car and were very eager to get it just right. (never knew under the little mud flaps at the back there are adjustments that can be made there also, no shop I've ever visited has ever adjust things there when doing an alignment.

car looks reasonably flush atm, and possibly even nicer when i chuck the 3 mill spacers in there.. (after getting my new lug kit

I gotta admit i was rather a little worried that the wheels would stick out of the fenders, and that would have been a no go for me. So atm, i have zero rubbing and the ride is AWESOME!

now for the bad part (well its actually good, but lets see), i also ordered 2 new rear tires, DZ101 275/35/18 as they were on the car when i bought it, and i like the handeling that these tires give. here in Dubai, you can only run tires for 4 years, regardless of how much thread/life is left on the tire. my rears were year 11 production, so in 3 months my rego check would have failed, so i though, the heck with it, get 2 new rears at the same time as fitting the new rims…

bloody lucky i did…

the whole side of that tire had de-laminated and was even missing a large piece of thread.. bloody lucky…
so if there is anything to be learned here guys, please check your tires at least monthly guys, i recon i was lucky to get away with that, and who know what would have happened if that would have let go at 130-160kms/h…

back to the story, I'am hoping for some nice weather tomorrow, and hopefully take a few worthy shots
gotta thank all you guys in this thread who responded and tried to help out, its hard visualising the car without actually seeing the wheels first, i gotta admit, very happy with the rims, and keeping my 224's for track outfit
JD, thanks for the email mate, also thanks to the other peeps in this thread as it just goes to show how helpful this forum is. bloody AWESOME!!!!

Last edited by Vanne; 12-30-2014 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0