View Single Post
      06-29-2014, 10:03 PM   #14
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
I want to let these burn-in for a while on the bench before I commit to modding the headlights in my car. I have them set up on a timer so they cycle on and off to exercise the hot cold cycles. I'd hate to have some of the individual LEDs fail after the install and have dead spots like I've seen on many other installs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.2mc View Post
i wonder about the lifespan of the inner ring due to full heat from the xenon bulb...
I could always wire a relay that would turn the one for the Xenon off when the headlights are on, though I don't think the heat will be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbstewart View Post
I believe you are, at this point, obligated to provide a DIY kit via a Group Buy ;-)
I still have a little work left to complete and finalize the design. Unfortunately it's not a trivial install and did require some custom work on the internals to get the rings to fit properly. I think it could be set up as a service where the headlights are sent in for the required modifications and sent back ready to use. The good thing is that the required modifications will allow the headlights to be easily converted back to stock if needed, so no harm done.
Appreciate 0