02-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #28
drbvac
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M COUPE

Garage List
Continuing in dash mount - previous message

Well I would except this whole thread is about me trying to get an analog boost gauge in my FI M as I hate digital anything - not sure if this adds or detracts from the story but its a little strange to stick it in here !! ff topic:

Anyway - cut out the area behind the dash panel and it is made of plastic with a covering of foam covered vinyl - funny since the panel is aluminum.

In any case it's gonna be a tight fit - have a cover that I uses as a model for the gauge and placed it in the are for mounting and stuck it to inside of panel with double sided tape to centre the gauge - started pilot hole through the aluminum and used a very small nail to get it centred on the outside - traced the outline at 2" and will cut back the vinyl before using the hole saw - will leave last part till I have gauge in hand and it works following hook up BEFORE cutting a hole.
Attached Images

2006 M COUPE - 380 total production, 1 of 40Imola Red produced for NA , ESS 455 Supercharger, Speedhut Gauges, VPM CLS wheels, 19" Hancooks, Stromung Exhaust, Carbon fibre accessories and black and white badging,
Appreciate 0