04-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #24
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Auto Club Speedway cost us $16,500 to rent per day. And that's the DISCOUNTED rate they charge.

Throw $1,200 on there for insurance, $1,200 for corner workers, $2,000 for food, and you're already looking at at least $21,000.

Divide that by 65, which is our usual average numbers of attendees (capped due to numbers of instructors available), you're looking at $323.07 per person to BREAK EVEN.

We (Central California) just had an event at Buttonwillow and that's far cheaper to rent, and the prices for that event was a lot cheaper than what we need to charge for the L.A. event.

Believe you me, the CCA is a 507 non-profit organization and every PENNY in income gets taxed up the wazzu. We're not in this to make money.
Thanks for the details. That's one expensive track to rent! I guess we're lucky here in Seattle.

ps: I wouldn't think you're in this to make money. In fact, based on the cost figures you give, you should charge a little extra. Club should (target to) make small amount of money at each event to cover future event costs.