12-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #63
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandysV10 View Post
Frank,

The gauge I selected for G-Force plot is using the Acceleration G's and Lateral G's it's one of the default gauges. Could you take a look and let me know what data channel your using.

Thanks

Randy
Hey Randy,

Here's what I used when I created the video that's i this thread's original post:

-When I exported the csv file, I selected the "GPS_LattAcc" and
GPS_LonAcc" channels, and NOT the "Acc_Laterale" and "Acc_Longitudin" channels--don't know that the latter wto are, or if they would work, but the former ones do work so go with those.

-I used the "Accel Circle wBackground" gauge; I modified the scale and background, though, so it looks different than yours.

-DashWare should automatically grab the two correct channels from the csv file, and link them to the gauge's X and Y inputs.

-i did reverse the lateral g input in the dashware gauge, as it seemed backwards to me--I like the dot swing right in a left-hand turn, and to the left in a right-hander. You can reverse the input in the input by going to the "Gauge's Designer" window (double-click the gauge from the video), and then to the "G-Force Plot Properties dialogue box (double-click the gauge in the Gauge Designer dialogue box), and clicking the "Flip Lateral G/X Axis" check box.

I'm hoping that your crazy g-force gauge is the result of having multiple lat/lon channels in the csv file, and that by exporting only the two channles I specified above, it'll solve the problem.

Let me know how that goes.

Frank