06-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #47
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
I agree Nikki. Newer forum members have that excitement since they often just got their cars and we want to let them play. I also think a post count minimum is appropriate to keep "attention whores" who don't really belong to the forum (don't post regularly, have just a few posts, don't contribute)--but I think it should have some flexibility. But we need some rules, as rules have already come in handy once with a very charming 1 post guy who went all bat**** crazy at Dubbledown because he wouldn't let Mr. Charming play (guy wasn't a member here by any stretch).

Since he runs the show and does all the work that goes into this--I think it's his call on the rules, and whether there are other things that qualify a member besides pure post count FWIW, I'm okay with the rules having additional qualifiers, e.g. "100 posts or active forum participation or significant contributions." In fact, in post #2 of this thread Dubbledown says: However, exceptions will be made on case by case basis depending on one's contributions thus far (ie technical guides)." So there is some flexibility already built in.

I'd say if you've got a post count under 100, but are an active participant here, contribute, and support the forum then go ahead and PM Dubbledown or just submit a shot per the instructions. If you don't get in this month, there's always the next month. What's there to lose?
Thanks for understanding and that actually has been the case. If someone has a decent number of posts and PM's me, I usually don't hold him back. It was just that one time the member literally had 1 post total.

But if the member posts "where do I submit?" and didn't bother to spend the 1 minute to read the first 2-3 entries, then I'm not going to go out of my way either lol.