04-10-2023, 01:31 AM   #230
MBan
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael9218 View Post
Not sure how Karbonius made theirs, but in the pic of mine, the wood ring in my mold created a nice trued interface. I also paid attention to the diameter it needed to be when finished so it would seal tight and not come off. I reinforced it with woven tape CF so it can’t flex or deform from the band clamp tightening around it.

Without seeing how Karbonius did theirs, it’s hard for me to say what they did wrong if your elbow piece won’t stay on.

“If you want something done right, do it yourself”…😎
Thanks, Michael.

I'm not totally sure why the elbow slips off the Karbonius version. Perhaps the angle of the inlet isn't quite right? It was prototyped on an E46 which uses a different rubber elbow, so it could be something like that I suppose.

In your experience with CF, would it be feasible to add a little raised lip on the outer edge of the inlet so that the hose clamp has something to hold against? Maybe you could use some kind of resin to build up the lip?

Thanks for your advice - if I can't find a permanent solution I think I'll take the plenum off, which would be a shame.
Appreciate 0