Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 MC

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanbandit View Post
At first I was one of those that was definitely not enamored of the z4's looks. I thought the side profile was great, but the rear and front, eh while it didn't repulse me, it didn't make me drool either. I never expected to buy one, until this M came my way.

Now I smile as i walk to it, look over my shoulder as I walk away from it, and smile like a crazy man when I drive. I also keep coming here for more of whats going on with the community.

I think it is a cult thing, perhaps the M's will be collectibles as the worldwide production vs any other BMW's was so low. but the regular z's while amazing cars in their own right have simply too many out there to make it to collectible status, cult, oh hell yeah, ask any owner...

i don't think I will be getting rid of this car anytime soon
+1 to this.

Cult car? Yes, as this forum will attest to.

Collectible? That's simple economics at work that will dictate it: supply vs demand in the future. No different than any other asset whether it's wine, art, or a car, and we can only speculate today, and have fun debating it as we are now. What we need to figure out is, what elements will drive demand for these cars in 20 years?