View Single Post
      08-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #15
SHOR3N
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1M/Z4M/Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

The mount came with screws to fix it to the air vent so you do need to screw into the vent from above and below to attach the mount, and you have to be careful with where to put the screw to not interfere with the directional fins in the vent. I don't think it was designed to hold the weight of the ipad mini with the proclip, so to be honest I just decided to give it a try. So far so good though and I don't see how it can break loose except with very great force (fingers crossed). The proclip is rated to withstand collision according to their website. In hindsight I think I would've ordered the proclip without the locking mechanism to reduce the overall weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1nk50ck View Post
Fantastic!

any worry about the mount itself falling off of the vents with spirited driving, hard accelerations, or hard cornering? I tried balancing my phone on the factory nav screen, but i'm worried that my phone will fly out the window at a hard turn, and it already has fallen down quite a bit after hard acceleration from a stop.

i guess i'm just worried that the weight of the ipad mini might be too much (as light as it is). an iphone mount would be much simpler/sturdier but the screen is just too small for my crappy vision. plus, i'd rather be able to see what i need to at a quick glance and keep my eyes on the road rather than squinting at a tiny phone screen.
Appreciate 0