View Single Post
      02-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #20
JeffchaPz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Just to be clear, the tune I have does not get rid of the CEL. In fact, if it fails readiness ESS won't touch it. So not sure what your point is. I'm agreeing with you that relocating things is beneficial for your testing, and the tune only adds punch to what you already have. Both won't compromise your future plans. Anyhow my $0.02
Johannes is correct, except ESS touched mine knowing my SES light was on and I told them why the light was on ( I cut and tried to extend the post O2 cables... that's a no no) With the tune in my hand, I replaced my broken O2s and passed TX inspection - the next day I uploaded my tune and the car was a bit smoother plus it had a bit more mid range torque.

Now, I'm getting the SES because it looks like I have a small air leak somewhere but it is not related to the tune or unhappy O2s - the problem is probably due to a bad welding job in my section 1

I was told I could run the car catless if I wanted - which was probably my plan back then. With that said - feel you can put the post O2s anywhere you like after the pre O2s.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0