The One And Only
Rep
Drives: 2006 TiAg ///M Roadster

Garage List
2006 Z4M Roadster  [10.00]
2003 Z4  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
^i recently retrofitted the ashtray aux input available from tischer bmw for the z4's. there's absolutely no requirement to remove the center air-conditioning vents or the radio head unit itself. if u are retrofitting the panel linked by panicopticon (nice writeup) posted by ron stygar, then ur installation will be even simpler. i wanted a clean setup and opted for the ashtray option, which looks and functions perfect.

all tt's required is removing the panel directly below the hvac controls, and with one hand and the connector end, feel around the back of the radio head unit and snap the connector in at the very bottom-left of the radio head unit when u are looking at it in the car. per panicopticon's picture of the back of the head unit, it is the bottom-most connector on the right side. unless u have sat radio or multi-cd, this connector slot will be empty and the aux will plug-and-play directly.

try it, it took me all of 10 minutes!
oh i get it, so u just buy a plug then just pop it in, can u get the link for the exact plug? As long as i don't have satellite radio or a changer this will work?? thanks