Thread: Garage Ideas
View Single Post
      03-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #14
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster

Cabinets, lots of nice cabinets and drawers for organized storage as well as some pegboard.. I did some under cabinet lighting too. I also am fortunate enought to have an attic above my gararge so I put my air compressor up there to get it out of the way and then ran the lines through the celing to one of those retractable hose things, I had an electrician wire a circuit up there to a light switch on the wall down in the garage, whenever I need air I just flip the switch. I also ran an extension cord retractable thing up there so I have overhead power rather than having a cord drapped over the car, motorcyle or ATV I might be working on. I added two very high quality 4 bulb flourescent lights built into the ceiling, lights are key. I also have a fridge out there along with a Bose iPod dock and a small 24 inch LCD TV and cable TV. I built my house new so I had it insulated very good and had the builder add an insulated garagae door, all walls and ceiling are drywalled and painted, looks as good as any walls inside my house. I also have a ceiling fan which is great in the summer. On my list of garage projects this year is an epoxy floor, that I will be getting done by a pro and a gas furnace so I can live out there for these crummy Chicago winters. Garage is a mess right now with snow blower and ATVs in there otherwise I would take some photos.
Appreciate 0