View Single Post
      12-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #95
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Hey guys, I have been out of touch. Work has been crazy. I will get updates going again here shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl1pt View Post
Chris, is there a drop dead date on the GB? Sorry if it was mentioned earlier, lots of posts to surf...
no problem, you didn't miss anything. The list is just for members to show interest so DKF can see if there are enough of us interested to do a group buy production run.

Tentatively, DKF would like us to start group buy some time in January or February and running it through March. The "drop dead date" would be toward the end of March.

They are in the process of finalizing a few aspects of the system, before an actual group buy is begun including:
-Tip length (protrusion from bumper)
-Street muffler
-hanger hardware

Dyno's are also a important part of the equation.

Un-related but relevant, by car is down for a primary O2 senor (In the headers bank 2) that has gone bad . It is supposed to available by the 16th. Unfortunately, the primaries are not an off the shelf item. I am not willing run universal sensors for my primaries, so I am stuck waiting. I ran a dyno with the bad sensor and the OEM exhaust; the numbers were lower than they should have been, so before I make any runs with the DKF stuff I need to get a solid baseline with OEM.