View Single Post
      08-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #1218
sapienti
Rep
Drives: '95 325i, black '07 Z4 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-Z4_3.0si View Post
Just wanted to say hello. After a number of weeks of searching and many test drives, I purchased a 2006 Z4 3.0si from a local independent dealer.

The car has more mileage than I wanted, 90K.....but it was a well documented one-owner, at least from the carfax report.
I had the local BMW dealer inspect the car before purchasing. I was told the only fault they found were worn FCA bushings.
The car looks great, but of course there are a number of items it needs, or at least I want.

First thing first is the bushings. Is it recommended that I replace the FCA when changing the bushings? I have been reading numerous postings on this subject. If I do not track the car, and use it as a pleasure car, is it recommended to stick with OEM, swap with Meyle or go to Powerflex?

It was serviced recently, but is there anything, at 90K, I should been looking for? Bearings?....additional bushings?

The tires were just put on before the sale.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Anyone in the Bay Area?.....any Bimmer clubs?
Nice looking ride! I didn't take mine to a dealer for inspection when i bought it, but your comment about the fca bushings reminded me that I have a set I had purchased for a friends e46 (should be same). I'd say at that mileage - if you are going to have it apart - better go ahead and replace the arms too. I mean they are expensive, but you'd have the piece of mind. I'll probably get the //M arms when I go through mine. Best regards.

--Dan
Appreciate 0