06-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #27
indohan
///MFEST DARK KNIGHT
Rep
Drives: JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated M Roadster View Post
I'll address a few of these...

How so? I can call out someone for being an idiot because after all, it is the internet.

Short and sweet... this isn't a very in depth debate.

I still can't figure out where you're getting this assumption of my lack of knowledge. Please tell me...

If this is directed at my comment on the OP car, then: I was talking about the vinyl! He applied vinyl all over the car, thus making it look cheap. That's what I was referring to and have already cleared that up to you. Do you still not understand what I am referring to?

If this was directed at my comment on your car, then my cheap car still cost more than yours... not that you have a car anymore.

13k? That's plenty to brag about. Does the rest of the drivetrain last 250k as well, all knowing one?

I like hardtop and soft top roadsters; though I think soft tops are more classy (hence you still see soft tops on most high end cars).

Sure, I'll comment. We all know the E46 ZHP is not an M car; that was never in question. I don't mind M badges on door sills, wheels, shift knobs, steering wheels, etc. Those were designed as M influenced accessories (sometimes taken straight from M cars) to spice up the appearance of standard models. The currently available M-sport package is a great example of this. I am not debating the fact that BMW puts M badging on non M cars; we all know they do. If you go back to my original statement on this topic; I posed the question to you that I couldn't put an M inspired accessory on my M car and you responded by asking me if I know what a ZHP knob is. I was stating that the M inspired ZHP knob would be just fine in an M car in which it was, in a way, derived.

I don't know, but I could assume by the ad that it was under $20k...

And sorry OP, we kind of did ruin your thread. LOL
The cheap argument came up when you tagged someone's car as a cheap looking car, where you drive a cheaper than his.
Your cheap Roadster M definitely is more expensive than my previous lowly E46.
However, I didn't start the whole "cheap" subject until you did.
Just pointing out your hypocrisy.

Then you jumped into the whole ZHP knob topic where the user I quoted was shakib, not you.
You got all butt hurt when I said M car owners put parts that belong to non-M cars from factory, where BMW does it the other way round all the time.
If you knew and realized this fact, you wouldn't get all worked up about it.
These parts are interchangeable. Of course, over doing it will kill the BMW classy look, IHMO.
Then you bragged about your 13,000 miles car that you bought.
I said these motors last up to such high mile range WITH proper maintenance.
S54 would easily hit 150,000 miles and still staying strong with the BMW recommended maintenance interval.
But then again, there's nothing to brag about 13,000 miles.
Almost everybody can get past that milestone, but not everyone could reach high miles and still keep their cars running strong.
Questions thrown shows my assumption was right. You definitely did not see many examples of high miles S54 that still run strong.
There are so many things you have not experienced with 13,000 miles.
General examples are Inspection I, II, vanos, valve adjustment, this and that failure.
Your car is barely over broken-in period and you want to talk "I know my car"?
I wonder, in your healthy mind, what's the plenty to brag about?

Hard top, soft top, high end, low end, it's 2012 and you forgot about my "to each their own".

You went into stalking mode by posting pictures of me here.
Like I said, BMW community know me in person rather than online and damn, you're taking into a whole new level.
I went to meets and events, therefore you found my pictures there.
I'm straight, but if you play for the other team, you can find more pictures of me at other events on other forum as well.
Photographer IMAGEZBYBRIAN, an example, is a personal friend of mine and need not others to point to him who indohan is.
GOLFRRR, another example, also know me in person. Where do you stand in your area's community?
I can go on and on with examples, but that's just pure redundant bragging and off topic.
Calling me an idiot because you're not? In my perspective, I can't even slightly agree with that.

People get less than asking price while selling cars all the time.
They sometimes ask for lower than KBB value and still get lower than asking price.
People usually pay more than their budget without compromising the seek milage.
It's a two-way street.
How about you post some pictures of my cheap old E46 here when it was at Las Vegas Convention Center, Mr. Detective?
I put my money where my mouth is; do you?

Nonetheless, glad to finally see you said something nice to OP.
I, for one, did participate in this idiotic fiasco.