View Single Post
      12-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
sethschroeder
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 2.5i - 5 Speed

Question New Owner - 2005 Z4 needs touch-ups

So I just finnished the PPI yesterday and the BMW private mechanic that I got referred to from a couple people at work said it was the nicest engine compartment he has ever seen on a used car, which makes me pretty happy as I thought I had found the right car.

Nuff said I really love the car so far except for something I need your input on.

Looks like the last owner tried to pry out the radio since there had been a problem with sub (which has been replaced as part of the deal I made for the car) The trim has some marks on it around the radio and I want to replace it.

Question is how hard is it to get this off and replace? I have researched a little so far and it sounds like you need to pull out the whole center counsel and everything.

Has anyone done this? Whats the general cost of parts that you have found? Also if you have a good post thats step by step it would be greatly appreciated as I am wondering as far as parts and everything.

In the end I got the car for a pretty good deal so the little cosmetic things I have no problem changing or fixing, plus its a good excuse to make the car personlized to me since its my daily ride.

Also as a new BMW owner any good websites or information or possible things I might look at modifying on the Z is welcome!

Last edited by sethschroeder; 12-10-2011 at 11:47 PM..
Appreciate 0