View Single Post
      09-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #9
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

One note on the non working radio
The amps in the rag tops are susceptible to water damage due to lack of drainage in the battery well where the amp lives
If the system is the"top hifi" the amp new is over $1k

My .02 look for a 3.0 6 spd, manual top under 100k miles......can't go wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire6 View Post
I saw the 03 today and it needs a little work... Radio doesn't work, driver side brake light is broken, one wiper is messed up but the body is in good shape and the car drove fine (it's a 2.5i BTW)... It's a possible for me but I have to see the 06 first, which I will tomorrow morning.

The 06 has a clean Carfax and looks clean from the pictures. The one owner lived in Jacksonville so I'll be calling the local BMW dealer to see if I can get any maintenance information before I get to the dealership.

Thanks for the reassurance, guys. I like the idea of having a newer car with a bigger engine and the 6spd is a plus. The only downside besides the miles is the interior color... Blue. I'm not sure if I like it yet so I'll make up my mind in person.

Updates in the morning...
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0