SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by centuryboats View Post
Did you try erasing the code to see if it comes back...or at the very least stays off long enough for the smog test?
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
You can't just clear an emissions code and go for a re-test.
You have to drive the car until it registers 'readiness'
On Wednesday I took my car to a local indie who supports our local BMW CCA Chapter and who responded to my Facebook post on the Chapter page. He hooked up a scan tool and came up with the same code.

He was going to run an evap test, but he said that apparently the Z4 M EDU/DME won't run that test. He cleared the code and said that the car had to get reset to readiness mode, as inTgr8r indicates above. His directions to do this are as follows:
  • Drive for 16 miles minimum, with no A/C and no braking
  • Maintain a speed under 60 MPH
  • Maintain an RPM under 2500 RPM
  • Do a cold start
I live a couple of miles from a freeway, so I'll probably do it tonight after dark, or early Saturday morning. He said to see if Torque is capable of showing readiness mode, and if not, come back to his shop and have him put his scan tool on again.

Meanwhile, he also told me that you can pay the registration for your car but you won't get a tag until you pass smog and you have 30 days to do that. So I went to AAA, they confirmed this, I paid the registration and now I have until the end of July to get my smog done.

The only problem is that my new M4 is being redelivered to my dealer on Monday, after my epic three-week European Delivery and I have to swap the stock pads back on the car and take off the Pagid RS29 pads I installed in Europe, install the M Performance Exhaust, and install all the CF goodies and gloss black trim items that I bought.

I know, first world problems, but at least I have until the end of July to tend to my Z4 M Roadster, my original M!

Appreciate 0