03-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
GriffBrew
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjw View Post
Maybe this is a dumb question, but if I installed something like the Fabspeed headers here (VAC Website), could a tune trick the computer into not throwing a CEL and also returning a "readiness" state for all sensors? Can't seem to find the answer to that one.... Maybe I'm just missing something?
Not a dumb question, this is often debated. As far as I can see, it's a definite maybe. Some seem to have no issues with the tune fixing the CEL. Others seem to have issues. For me, I'm still on the fence. I'm leaning toward the Euro cats just to be safe (look for Donovan on this forum as the source for euro cats - he has two now, by my count). But, I know I need to buy a tune either way for maximum benefit from the headers, so it seems worthwhile to try the tune first. I don't have smog tests down here, so I have one less concern.

I'm also trying to determine if the numbers justify the Fabspeed, AA or $uper$print headers over the euro. But maybe you solved my problem and ill just go for gears first
Appreciate 0