United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Zed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriuSen View Post
Next track day on 6/24/17 was LAGUNA SECA
Thanks for the vids OP, glad to see someone else out there representing the M Coupe! Takes time to pick up any new track, and occasionally you have to experiment on a turn resulting in a slightly unqiue line... I have dipped the 2 right tires into the dirt on the corkscrew, narrowly avoided the Zanardi move. Afraid my personal lap times are much slower

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Bmw CCA schools are shit. Every student who comes out of there thinks they are superior than others when in fact they are completely egotistical.

I mean he's doing pretty much 1:50s in this car. I know a couple 1:49 drivers in similar e46 m3 there but they are running similar setups. That's pretty much almost as fast as you can go in the car. :
Agreed that the BMW CCA school (and any event) can be a mixed bag - best to find a group of people and instruction you trust.

There is more time to shave off in the Z4M platform - a colleague of mine regularly hits 1:37/1:38 with a similarly setup car (aero [non-active], stripped interior, cage, slicks). He also has ran Laguna Seca many, many times.
Yea that is a fast laptime! I beleive you are talking about Ace?
He?s fast driver.
Hopefully with aero I will be able to do 1:38!
Funny how the first time I didn?t like laguna seca, maybe because I wasn?t pushing enough, the second time, I realized it?s my favorite track ever! I can?t wait to go more!