02-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
zubydafa
tosser
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

your run of the mill noob headers question

all,

it's time i commit to buying some headers. i was a bit intimidated at first, but so many of you have pulled it off and even posted the install details which helps A LOT.

looks like all i need are aftermarket headers which delete the primary cat and relocate the 02 sensors to the secondary cat...where i'll have to weld in 02 bungs UNLESS i get an oem euro cat pipe. phew that took a long time to grasp.

question: anybody have an idea if fabspeed headers from VAC will fit the zed? they're local to me and are offering a group buy on m3forum for a very reasonable price. i'm to chicken shit to do the install, so i'll have them install also. so price of GB + install + ceramic coating = around the price of the SSv2 step or AA genIV.

link to GB:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=396500

anybody's personal recommendations which route to go or if you can provide any insight regarding the fabspeed headers mated to the Z would be great.

i'm an easy sell...so if someone is just in love with an particular header for our car for whatever reason just preach on and i'll seriously consider them. so far starscream has peaked my interest with ssv2stepped.

THANKS!