View Single Post
      04-19-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
Varinn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

More advice always welcome. True words about the quality of the Michelin tires, but the thing I need to remember is this car is a street car first and autocross or track car second. That's not to say it won't see a good deal of track time this summer, but primarily it's meant for the road. Besides, the less extreme tires keep me in a much tamer class where I can continue learning.

The PSS are nice, very nice. They work great as a dual purpose tire but as is typical of every Michelin I've ever owned (especially on the bikes) they seem to have super soft sidewalls when compared to a similar performing tire from other brands.

Going back to my alignment specs, anyone have input on this? Will I require camber washers to achieve these numbers up front with my pulled strut tower pins and the 20mm/10mm F/R drop? I would prefer a setup that I can daily drive, I'm not concerned too much about camber wear (I run -3.0 daily on the e30) and I won't be autocrossing competitively enough in the Z4M to bother making regular adjustments before and after trackdays. I can live with the car being slightly more "darty" than it is to steering input right now, I love when the car responds in a hurry to my inputs even if it means a bit of extra tramlining.

I've not looked yet, but I suspect with my mileage I might be due for new anti-roll bar bushings front and rear, most other bushings are already new. Are OEM good enough for these or do most go aftermarket like Powerflex? Are upgrades like the Rogue shock mounts a wise investment or are the B12 kits on the softer side for damping and ok with an oem set to keep things street comfortable?

Front:
-2.00° camber, 0.00°-0.05° toe in, stock caster
Rear:
-1.50° to -1.8° camber, 0.10° toe in
2007 Z4M Coupe (#1026/1815) SOLD
Appreciate 0